Antique Bureau, Victorian Walnut Desk, c.1900
Our Stock # LFA-1637
This is a handsome antique bureau, a Victorian walnutåÊdesk, English c.1900.
- Attractive pale walnutåÊdisplaying exposed dovetails to the top
- Raised on squat cabriole legs with carved knees and talon and ball feet
- Roped lower moulding, canted corners with stop ended chamfers
- Four dovetailed, graduated drawers with boxwood string detail
- Dressed with pressed brass back-plates, drop handles and brass keyhole linings
- A pair of lopers decorated with stringing and brass pulls
- Locking fall decorated with carved stylised fan and foliate frame
- Generous desk space backed by a central cupboard flanked by 3 cubbies over a pair of waterfall drawers each side
- The fall key also locking the central cupboard decorated with classical vase inlay
- Cupboard encloses a removable pair of drawers beneath two cubbies
- Removing above reveals a pair of secret drawers with leather pulls and a shelf
- Also provides access to the push locks to the pair of vertical document drawers
A quality piece for any location with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 106cm (41.75'')
Max Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 111cm (43.75'')
Desk Width: 96cm (37.75'')
Desk Depth: 61cm (24'')
Desk Height: 82cm (32.25'')
Please see these short videos of the drawers and locks, click here
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.