Antique Bureau, Mahogany, English, Georgian, Desk, 18th Century, Circa 1770
Our Stock # 18.5663
This is an antique bureau in light mahogany. An English, Georgian desk dating to the mid 18th century, circa 1770.
- Quality craftsmanship in polished mahogany
- Good colour and grain interest throughout
- Crossband decoration held in tramline ebony and boxwood stringing
- Generous and comfortable working height to the fitted desk interior
- Raised on splayed bracket feet with serpentine apron
- Featuring four, full width, graduated drawers lined with paper
- Cockbeaded, original brass locks and escutcheons, key absent
- Drawers dressed with the original pressed brass, oval plate loop handles
- A pair of stout lopers withdraw to support the fall
- Fitted interior desk space with quality, olive green, blind tooled leather skiver
- A suite of eight stationery drawers over eight cubby holes
- The smooth sliding drawers in flame mahogany dressed with turned pulls
A fine and practical example with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 111cm (43.75'')
Max Depth: 51.5cm (20.25'')
Max Height: 112.5cm (44.25'')
Desk Width: 102.5cm (40.25'')
Desk Depth: 51cm (20'')
Desk Height: 84cm (33'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World