Antique Bureau, English, Oak, Victorian, Green Man, Writing Desk, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 18.5252
This is an antique bureau in English oak. A Victorian green man writing desk dating to c.1880.
- Warm country feel and a desirable aged patina in the wax polished finish
- Profusely carved and decorated with green man masks and foliate detail
- Standing upon bracket feet with a three-quarter serpentine apron
- Three full width, graduating drawers, locks present key absent
- The fall opens and rests upon a pair of stout lopers
- Offering a generous desk space at a comfortable height
- The dark leather skiver with some sympathetic, historical repairs
- To the rear a suite of stationery shelves and a pair of drawers with turned pulls
A charming example of period, English country furniture. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 91.5cm (36'')
Max Depth: 48.25cm (19'')
Max Height: 99cm (39'')
Desk Width: 81cm (32'')
Desk Depth: 61cm (24'')
Desk Height: 73cm (28.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.