Antique Bureau, English, Oak, Victorian, Green Man, Writing Desk, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 18.5252
This is an antique bureau in English oak. A Victorian green man writing desk dating to c.1880.
- Warm country feel and a desirable aged patina in the wax polished finish
- Profusely carved and decorated with green man masks and foliate detail
- Standing upon bracket feet with a three-quarter serpentine apron
- Three full width, graduating drawers, locks present key absent
- The fall opens and rests upon a pair of stout lopers
- Offering a generous desk space at a comfortable height
- The dark leather skiver with some sympathetic, historical repairs
- To the rear a suite of stationery shelves and a pair of drawers with turned pulls
A charming example of period, English country furniture. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 91.5cm (36'')
Max Depth: 48.25cm (19'')
Max Height: 99cm (39'')
Desk Width: 81cm (32'')
Desk Depth: 61cm (24'')
Desk Height: 73cm (28.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World