Antique Bureau with Secret Drawers, English Oak Desk, Georgian Early C18th c1720
Our Stock # LFA-1538
This is an antique bureau, an English oak desk from the Georgian period in the early 18th century, c.1720.
Highly desirable with rare and unusual drawers so well hidden.
- Warm hues of English oak displaying wisps of medullary rays
- Desirable aged patina and good colour throughout
- Raised on classic shaped bracket feet
- Working lock and key to the fall with solid brass escutcheon
- Opens to reveal useful desk space with twin gold tooled, green leather skiver
- Behind, a slide gives access to the uppermost drawer
- To the back an arrangement of cubbies and document and stationery drawers dressed with solid brass pulls
- Within the lower right hand drawer a secret drawer beneath wells
- A super secret slide compartment hidden within the left hand lower side
- The chest comprising a 1 over 2 over 2 arrangement of graduated drawers
- Dressed with solid brass swan neck handles and keyhole escutcheons
- Iron locks present with the lowest one operable with the fall key
A fine example of early Georgian craftsmanship. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 96cm (37.75'')
Max Depth: 53.25cm (21'')
Max Height: 99cm (39'')
Desk Width: 86cm (33.75'')
Desk Depth: 63.5cm (25'')
Desk Height: 69.5cm (27.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World