Antique Bureau Bookcase, English, Georgian Mahogany, Gothic Overtones Circa 1800
Our Stock # 18.5377
This is an antique bureau bookcase, an English, Georgian, mahogany cabinet with gothic overtones dating to the late 18th century, circa 1800.
- Classic glazed display cabinet over a practical writing bureau
- Generous in size offering storage and display or bookshelf space
- Large upper writing surface over four graduated full width drawers
- Attractive mahogany showing fine aged tone, well figured with good colour
- Upper display/bookcase cabinet provides two adjustable shelves
- Behind seven pane, locking doors with gothic arched astragals
- Locking fall flap opens on to sliding lopers to reveal a well fitted interior
- A generous desk space backed by a suite of 12, ebony strung drawers and eight cubby holes
- Main drawers dressed with later loop handles over pressed brass back-plates
- Smooth sliding and benefiting from cock beading offering ample storage
- Working locks and key using same key from above
- Raised upon traditional bracket feet to all corners
A simply lovely and functional item of traditional antique furniture to be welcomed into any location. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 104cm (41'')
Max Depth: 55cm (21.75'')
Max Height: 226cm (89'')
Desk Width: 94cm (37'')
Desk Depth: 61cm (24'')
Desk Height: 79cm (31'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World