Antique Bureau Bookcase, English, Georgian Mahogany, Circa 1800
Our Stock # 18.5587
This is an antique bureau bookcase, an English, Georgian, mahogany cabinet dating to the late 18th century, circa 1800.
- Classic glazed display cabinet over a practical writing bureau
- Generous in size offering storage and display or bookshelf space
- Attractive mahogany showing fine aged tone, well figured with good colour
- Locks present throughout with a key to upper cabinet only
- Upper display/bookcase cabinet provides four adjustable shelves – 2 x half depth
- Behind classic 13 pane, locking, astragal glazed doors
- Fall flap opens on to sliding lopers to reveal a well fitted interior
- A generous desk space backed by a suite of eight cubby holes
- Central cupboard with a secret document drawer either side
- Flanked either side by four cubby holes over three drawers with brass pulls
- Chest beneath features a full width frieze drawer
- Recessed lower cupboard behind a pair of plain doors
- Flanked by two banks of three graduated drawers
- Main drawers dressed with loop handles over pressed brass back-plates
- Smooth sliding and benefiting from cock beading offering ample storage
- Raised upon traditional bracket feet to all corners
A simply lovely and functional item of traditional antique furniture to be welcomed into any location. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 112cm (44'')
Max Depth: 61cm (24'')
Max Height: 220cm (86.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.