Antique Building Block Set, German, Pine, Froebel, Toy Box, Edwardian, C.1910
Our Stock # 18.6587
This is an antique building block set. A German, pine 71-piece Froebel toy box, dating to the Edwardian period, circa 1910.
- A fascinating building block set with great period appeal
- Rare and highly collectible
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Pine storage box shows rich caramel hues and charming children's handwriting
- 71-pieces predominantly in pine with red coloured pieces cast in stone
- Fantastic lithograph box illustration applied upon a larger piece
- The image of Friedrich Froebel — the inventor of the kindergarten — appears top left
- A wonderfully Germanic bridge structure aids the imagination
- Bricks comprising of straights in different lengths, archways and triangles
This is a wonderful opportunity to experience an antique building box set from the founder of the kindergarten. Sure to inspire old and young alike, delivered polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 38cm (15'')
Max Depth: 29cm (11.5'')
Max Height: 8.5cm (3.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World