Antique Buffet, Scottish Server Cabinet, Mahogany, Mid Victorian c.1870
Our Stock # 10.1721
This is an antique buffet, a Scottish server cabinet in mahogany dating to the mid Victorian period c.1870.
- Pleasingly patinated and good colour throughout
- Deep russet tones in the generous stocks of choice mahogany
- Raised on a continuous plinth base with rounded corners
- A pair of shaped field panel doors
- Unusually hinging at the outer radius of the corners
- Closing with a dust strip and working lock and key
- A single shelf within divides the space in two
- Mightily robust brackets, two inches thick raise the upper platform
- 'C' scroll in form, pierced with classical and oriental influence
- Lower tier with lipped rear edge detail
- Upper tier featuring double edge moulding detail
- Feature rear up-stand with central arch
- Carved shield with heraldic overtones to the centre
A good example of quality Victorian craftsmanship. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 122cm (48'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Upper Counter Height: 109cm (43'')
Rear Up-stand Height: 21cm (8.25'')
Between Counters: 44.5cm (17.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World