Antique Bow-Back Chair, English Victorian Elm Windsor c.1870
Our Stock # 10.1804
This is an antique, bow-back chair, sometimes referred to as a 'Smokers' or 'Captain's' chair. An English, Victorian elm Windsor piece from the mid 19th century c.1870.
- Attractive deep, rich tones to the elm with a desirable aged patina
- Displaying good grain detail in the saddle seat slab
- Standing upon ring turned legs united by an 'H' stretcher
- Ring turned spindles rise obliquely supporting the horseshoe armrest
- Terminating in out-turned scrolled hand grips
- The back crowned with a scroll back for added comfort and support
A sound example offering a comfortable seat. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 64cm (25.25'')
Max Depth: 52cm (20.5'')
Max Height: 79cm (31'')
Seat Width: 39cm (15.25'')
Seat Depth: 44.5cm (17.5'')
Seat Height: 44cm (17.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.