Antique Bow-Back Chair, English Victorian Elm Windsor c.1870
Our Stock # 10.1804
This is an antique, bow-back chair, sometimes referred to as a 'Smokers' or 'Captain's' chair. An English, Victorian elm Windsor piece from the mid 19th century c.1870.
- Attractive deep, rich tones to the elm with a desirable aged patina
- Displaying good grain detail in the saddle seat slab
- Standing upon ring turned legs united by an 'H' stretcher
- Ring turned spindles rise obliquely supporting the horseshoe armrest
- Terminating in out-turned scrolled hand grips
- The back crowned with a scroll back for added comfort and support
A sound example offering a comfortable seat. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 64cm (25.25'')
Max Depth: 52cm (20.5'')
Max Height: 79cm (31'')
Seat Width: 39cm (15.25'')
Seat Depth: 44.5cm (17.5'')
Seat Height: 44cm (17.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World