Antique Bow Back Armchair, High Wycombe, Smokers, Captains, R. Tyzack, George V
Our Stock # 18.5767
This is an antique bow-back armchair, an English, High Wycombe, mahogany, 'smokers', or 'captains', chair by R. Tyzack and dating to the reign of George V in the early 20th century, circa 1910.
- A superior quality bow back armchair
- Grain interest to the mahogany with a lustrous wax polished finish
- Solid and stable offering a comfortable seat
- Marked with the craftsman's stamped initials 'J.J.M and R. Tyzack'
- Also carrying the King George V Government audit stamp
- Deep, shaped crest rail for added back support
- Running seamlessly into the shaped, scrolled armrests
- The back raised on a delightful and well executed shaped lath fan
- Drop in seat pad finished in a quality cloth, easy to recover
- Raised on turned legs united by double 'H' stretcher for strength
A super antique bow-back armchair in fine order. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 61cm (24'')
Max Depth: 61cm (24'')
Max Height: 87cm (34.25'')
Seat Width: 47cm (18.5'')
Seat Depth: 47cm (18.5'')
Seat Height: 50cm (19.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World