Antique Bow-Back Armchair, English, High Wycombe, Elm, Smokers, Captains c.1900
Our Stock # 18.5213
This is an antique bow-back armchair, an English, High Wycombe, Victorian, elm and beech, 'smokers', or 'captains', chair dating to circa 1900.
- An appealing country kitchen, bow back armchair
- Grain interest to the elm and beech in a wax polished finish
- Solid and stable offering a comfortable seat
- Marked with the stamped initials 'w c'
- Flared armrests raised on shaped risers
- Deep, shaped crest rail for added back support
- Solid elm slab seat panel with subtle saddling
- Raised on stout turned legs united by double 'H' stretcher
A super antique armchair for the provincial country kitchen. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 59cm (23.25'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 80cm (31.5'')
Seat Width: 41cm (16.25'')
Seat Depth: 41cm (16.25'')
Seat Height: 45cm (17.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.