Antique Bookcase, English, Victorian, Mahogany, Display Cabinet, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.5482
This is an antique bookcase, an English, Victorian, mahogany display cabinet displaying gothic overtones, dating to the turn of the century circa 1900.
- Good, consistent colour to the select mahogany
- Displaying grain interest with a desirable aged patina
- Gothic overtones in a well proportioned cabinet
- Standing upon bracket feet all round
- Modest pediment with boxwood geometric inlay
- Original glass in the astragal glazed doors
- Closing with a dust cover strip and working lock and key
- Inside three adjustable shelves offer abundant storage
- The lower cabinet with a pair of shaped field panel doors
- Dressed with a pair of turned brass pulls
- Keyhole escutcheons and locks, key absent
- Voluminous storage within featuring a pair of adjustable shelves
An attractive period cabinet for the library, study or drawing room with a pleasingly narrow depth. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 103cm (40.5'')
Max Depth: 33.5cm (13.25'')
Max Height: 222cm (87.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.