Antique Book Slide, English Rosewood Brass, Bookends, Betjemann, Victorian c1880
Our Stock # 18.6266
This is an antique book slide. English, rosewood and brass bookends. Betjemann's patented book rack, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Fantastic Victorian book slide with gothic revival overtones
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Eye-catching stocks of rosewood, rich in colour and fine grain interest
- Bright, brass tooling dresses each end
- Ends feature trefoil cutouts for a further decorative touch
- Brass stabiliser stamped with Betjemann's Patent 17110 to one side
- Self Closing Book Slide 17110 to the opposite stabiliser
- Spring-operated book slide in smooth working order
- Accommodates books within a 28cm to 39.5cm range
- Tiered plinth base with emerald green felt baize below
This is a fascinating, self-closing, antique book slide by the renowned George Betjemann and Sons. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 31cm (12.25'')
Max Depth: 13cm (5'')
Closed Height: 4cm (1.5'')
Extended Height: 16cm (6.25")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World