Antique Boat Builders Chest, English, Victorian, Pitch Pine, Trunk, Circa 1900
Our Stock # LFA-1730
This is an antique boat-builders chest, an English, Victorian pitch pine trunk dating to circa 1900.
- Mellow tones to the pitch pine boards
- Featuring teak end panels for added strength
- Iron bound with a quality lock, plate and latch, key absent
- Raised on a pair of slides to clear the deck and make for easy movement
- A pair of substantial rope handles dress the end panels
- The lid lifting on expertly cut-in strap hinges, a sign of the quality of this piece
- The inside of the lid fitted with saw bars
- The chest interior largely empty but for a suite of bespoke tool locators
A wonderfully weight trunk that would make a great low, coffee table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 97cm (38.25'')
Max Depth: 46cm (18'')
Max Height: 31cm (12.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.