Antique Birdcage Elbow Chair, English, Painted, Leather, Regency, Circa 1820
Our Stock # 18.6136
This is an antique 'birdcage' elbow chair. A rare, English, painted, leather seat carver, dating to the Regency period of the early 19th century, circa 1820.
- Highly desirable and rare elbow chair
- Blue painted finish beautifully patinated, commensurate with age
- Quality, drop-in, traditionally stuffed blue leather seat pad
- Elegant Regency period craftsmanship and excellent proportion
- Fascinating 'birdcage' style back splat and elbows
- Leg and seat-rail union dressed with pierced, golden shaped brackets
- Standing upon four square section legs with gently swept rear legs
This is a delightful antique 'birdcage' elbow chair, a fine example of Regency furniture and sure to enhance any room. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 63cm (24.75'')
Max Depth: 52.5cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 86.5cm (34'')
Seat Cushion Width: 58cm (22.75'')
Seat Cushion Depth: 42.5cm (16.75'')
Seat Cushion Height: 46.5cm (18.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World