Antique Bible Box on Stand, William & Mary, Oak, Writing, Circa 1690 and Later
Our Stock # 18.5533
This is an antique bible box on stand, an English, William and Mary, oak writing chest dating from the late 17th century and later on Victorian stand.
- Centuries old oak boarded box raised on Victorian stand
- Grain interest in the attractive, solid oak boards
- Desirable aged patina and a wax polished finish
- Displaying hand carved floral decoration to the front
- Chip carved lid with a subtle band of etched foliate detail
- Iron lock and plate with key and hasp absent
- Delightful hand forged nailing to the lock plate
- The lid lifts on early, brass butterfly hinges
- Ample storage space within featuring a removable shelf
- The box locates snugly into a lip moulding on top of the purpose made stand
- Raised on bobbin turned legs united by end stretchers
Ecclesiastical overtones in this well presented antique bible box on stand. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 63.5cm (25'')
Max Depth: 44cm (17.25'')
Max Height: 100.5cm (39.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World