Antique Bible Box on Stand, William & Mary, Oak, Writing, Circa 1690 and Later
Our Stock # 18.5533
This is an antique bible box on stand, an English, William and Mary, oak writing chest dating from the late 17th century and later on Victorian stand.
- Centuries old oak boarded box raised on Victorian stand
- Grain interest in the attractive, solid oak boards
- Desirable aged patina and a wax polished finish
- Displaying hand carved floral decoration to the front
- Chip carved lid with a subtle band of etched foliate detail
- Iron lock and plate with key and hasp absent
- Delightful hand forged nailing to the lock plate
- The lid lifts on early, brass butterfly hinges
- Ample storage space within featuring a removable shelf
- The box locates snugly into a lip moulding on top of the purpose made stand
- Raised on bobbin turned legs united by end stretchers
Ecclesiastical overtones in this well presented antique bible box on stand. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 63.5cm (25'')
Max Depth: 44cm (17.25'')
Max Height: 100.5cm (39.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.