Antique Bible Box on Stand, English, Oak, Chest, 17th Century & Later
Our Stock # 18.5376
This is an antique bible box on stand, an English, oak chest dating from the late 17th century and later on Victorian stand.
- Centuries old oak boarded box raised on Victorian stand
- Grain interest in the attractive honey coloured oak
- Desirable aged patina and a wax polished finish
- Displaying hand carved foliate lunette decoration
- Iron lock and plate with key and hasp absent
- Delightful hand forged nailing to the lid and lock plate
- The lid lifts on early iron hinges to reveal voluminous storage within
- The box locates snugly into a lip moulding on top of the purpose made stand
- Raised on turned legs united by an 'H' stretcher
Ecclesiastical overtones in this well presented piece that serves well as a side table with storage. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 70cm (27.5'')
Max Depth: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Height: 71cm (28'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.