Antique Bible Box on Stand, English, Oak, Chest, 17th Century & Later
Our Stock # 18.5376
This is an antique bible box on stand, an English, oak chest dating from the late 17th century and later on Victorian stand.
- Centuries old oak boarded box raised on Victorian stand
- Grain interest in the attractive honey coloured oak
- Desirable aged patina and a wax polished finish
- Displaying hand carved foliate lunette decoration
- Iron lock and plate with key and hasp absent
- Delightful hand forged nailing to the lid and lock plate
- The lid lifts on early iron hinges to reveal voluminous storage within
- The box locates snugly into a lip moulding on top of the purpose made stand
- Raised on turned legs united by an 'H' stretcher
Ecclesiastical overtones in this well presented piece that serves well as a side table with storage. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 70cm (27.5'')
Max Depth: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Height: 71cm (28'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World