Antique Bible Box on Stand, English Oak Writing Slope 17th Century And Later
Our Stock # LFA-1814
This is an antique bible box on stand, an English oak writing slope dating from the 17th century and later.
- Centuries old oak bible box raised on Victorian stand
- Grain interest in the attractive honey coloured oak
- The raked top features a lower book-rest lip moulding
- Extended back allowing close wall placement
- Dispaying hand carved diamond lozenge decoration
- Brass escutcheon over original iron lock, key absent
- The fall lifts to reveal voluminous storage within
- Later fitted with a removable stationery tray
- The box locates snugly into a lip moulding on top of the purpose made stand
- Desirable aged patina and grain interest to the frieze
- Raised on gently tapering, square section legs
Ecclesiastical overtones in this well presented piece that serves well as a writing slope. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 70cm (27.5'')
Max Depth: 44cm (17.25'')
Max Height: 86cm (33.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World