Antique Bible Box, English Oak Chest, Circa 1700
Our Stock # LFA-1801
This is an antique bible box in English oak, a chest dating to circa 1700.
- Charming country piece with huge character
- Dark oak displaying medullary rays inside the lid
- Desirable aged patina
- Front displays diamond geometric carved detail
- Flanking central iron lock plate, lock present, key absent, over carved lunette
- Classic chipped carved edge detailing to lid
- Iron butterfly hinging and traditional hand-cut iron nails
Max Width: 58cm (22.75'')
Max Depth: 41.5cm (16.25'')
Max Height: 19cm (7.5'')
Max Width: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Max Depth: 36cm (14.25'')
Max Height: 17cm (6.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.