Antique Bachelor's Chest of Drawers, English, Flame Mahogany, Georgian, C.1780
Our Stock # 18.7294
This is an antique bachelor's chest of drawers. An English, flame mahogany gentleman's cabinet, dating to the Georgian period, circa 1780.
- Striking antique chest of drawers with appealing figuring
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Dashing flame mahogany shows fine grain interest
- Deep caramel hues beam beneath the wax polish finish
- Arranged as a suite of four drawers with dressing slide above
- Each drawer dressed with brass drop handles over ornate foliate backs
- Traditional cockbeading adds further detail to the drawer fronts
- Quality oak drawer boxes with inset, brass-lined locks to each — key absent
- The generously sized dressing slide opens smoothly by way of two small circular pulls
- Shallow front apron sits prominently above a pair of ogee bracket feet
- Raised to rear upon shaped bracket feet
This is an attractive antique bachelor's chest of drawers, ideally suited to the gentleman about town with the dressing slide providing the perfect surface for combs and aftershave. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 95cm (37.5'')
Max Depth: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Max Height: 84.5cm (33.25'')
Dressing Slide Width: 87cm (34.25'')
Dressing Slide Depth: 30cm (11.75'')
Dressing Slide Height: 81cm (32'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World