Antique Arts & Crafts Log Bin, Walnut Coal Purdonium, Victorian Fireside Circa 1860
Our Stock # 11.2748
This is an antique Arts & Crafts log bin, a walnut coal purdonium from the Victorian fireside dating to c.1860.
- Very versatile offering use for coal, logs or kindling, or simply as a decorative item
- Delightful biscuit hues to the English walnut with Arts & Crafts overtones
- Galleried top with Greco styled up-stand decorated with carved detail
- Quality brass work displayed in the pendant lid opener, carrying handle and finials
- Lid decorated with relief carved oak leaves and acorns
- Rising from original white china castors
- Complete with loading shovel stored in integral holder
A very pleasing English late Victorian fireside cabinet presented in excellent antique condition. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished & ready for the home.
Max Width: 35cm (13.75'')
Max Depth: 52cm (20.5'')
Max Height: 49cm (19.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.