Antique Artist's Easel, English, Oak, Adjustable, Rest, Lectern, Edwardian, 1910
Our Stock # 18.8412
This is an antique artist's easel. An English, oak adjustable draughtsman's rest or lectern, dating to the Edwardian period, circa 1910.
- Fascinating Edwardian easel for the artist or orator
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select oak shows fine grain interest and deep caramel hues
- Offering adjustment for height, angle and orientation
- Generously sized top with raised document rest - 71cm x 45cm (28" x 17.75")
- Drawer to side, dressed with a brass drop pendant handle over foliate backplate
- Opening the drawer reveals a useful pen tray and lower compartment
- Secondary compartment set into the support stand
- Standing reassuringly upon square section trestle feet
- Maker's plaque to stand reads 'Manufactured by J.Bryce Smith Ltd, London'
- Writing surface engraved 'Winsor & Newton Ltd, Made in England'
This is a superb antique artist's easel, offering an adjustment range to cover any need. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready to present.
Max Width: 71cm (28'')
Max Depth: 60.5cm (23.75'')
With Rest set to Horizontal:
Lowest Height: 90.5cm (35.75'')
Raised Height: 135cm (53.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World