Antique Armchair, Victorian Carved Side, Hall, Bergere, English, Oak, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 12.1763
This is an antique armchair, a Victorian carved side or hall chair in English oak dating to circa 1880.
- Profusely carved displaying the Victorian propensity for excess
- Extraordinary scrolled feet to acanthus leaf spurs
- United by a scroll carved 'X' stretcher and a decorative front stretcher
- Foliate adorned supports rise to shaped and carved armrests
- Terminating in large scrolled grips
- Cane seat in good order and at a generous, comfortable height
- The pierced, carved crest rail centres on a plain cartouche
- The caned splat in good order mounted in a floral and foliate carved frame
- Of quality craftsmanship displaying good colour and a desirable aged patina
A statement piece for any hallway. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 64cm (25.25'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 119cm (46.75'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 41cm (16.25'')
Seat Height: 48cm (19'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World