Antique Armchair, Victorian Carved Side, Hall, Bergere, English, Oak, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 12.1763
This is an antique armchair, a Victorian carved side or hall chair in English oak dating to circa 1880.
- Profusely carved displaying the Victorian propensity for excess
- Extraordinary scrolled feet to acanthus leaf spurs
- United by a scroll carved 'X' stretcher and a decorative front stretcher
- Foliate adorned supports rise to shaped and carved armrests
- Terminating in large scrolled grips
- Cane seat in good order and at a generous, comfortable height
- The pierced, carved crest rail centres on a plain cartouche
- The caned splat in good order mounted in a floral and foliate carved frame
- Of quality craftsmanship displaying good colour and a desirable aged patina
A statement piece for any hallway. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 64cm (25.25'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 119cm (46.75'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 41cm (16.25'')
Seat Height: 48cm (19'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.