Antique Armchair, 19th Century, Victorian, Chair, Walnut, Needlepoint Circa 1850
Our Stock # 18.5371
This is an antique armchair, a 19th century, early Victorian chair in walnut with a needlepoint tapestry seat cover dating to c.1850.
- The walnut displaying good, deep colour and grain interest
- Raised upon well formed cabriole legs with bump knee and toe
- Swept square section legs to the rear and riding upon brass castors all round
- Elaborately pierced carved crest rail of foliate and scroll detail
- The exuberance continued in the magnificent armrest terminals
- Professionally upholstered in a needlepoint cloth with brocade trim
- A soft pastel palette displaying classical scenes and floral detail
- Stuff over to a serpentine seat rail and padded back
- Traditionally stuffed with a show back; Ideal for centre room placement
- Some light wear to the seat centre consistent with careful use
A fine example of it's type, delivered waxed polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 64cm (25.25'')
Max Depth: 68.5cm (27'')
Max Height: 110cm (43.25'')
Seat Width: 47cm (18.5'')
Seat Depth: 51cm (20'')
Seat Height: 38cm (15'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured.
Excluding: Highlands & Islands of Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, Jersey & Guernsey and remote areas – please let us know your post code to confirm.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
USA & Canada
We apologise we can not ship to Russia at this time but you are welcome to arrange your own courier service. We will support you with any details required.
Rest of the World
Please let us know your country and area code and we will find the most competitve rate for you