Antique 3 Draw Telescope, English, Brass, Leather, Terrestrial, Victorian, 1870
Our Stock # 18.8255
This is an antique 3-draw telescope. An English, brass and leather terrestrial or astronomical refractor, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1870.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Purposeful example with dust covers and tactile barrel
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout - each tube draws with a pleasingly firm action
- Broad 60mm primary barrel dressed with a quality leather hand grip
- Rich golden tones shine from the polished brass tubes
- Presents a clear optical performance, with a 35mm (1.5") primary objective lens
- Deep, sliding sun shade for protection on brighter days, with screw on sliding dust cap
- Flared eye cup also offering a sliding dust cover
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
This is an attractive and nicely specified antique telescope, with quality Victorian optical craftsmanship. Delivered polished and ready for use or display.
Closed Length: 28.5cm (11.25'')
Fully Drawn Length: 91.5cm (36'')
Objective Diameter: 35mm (1.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World