Antique 3 Draw Telescope, English, Brass, Day Or Night, Terrestrial, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.8058
This is an antique 3 draw telescope. An English, brass 'Day or Night' terrestrial or astronomical refractor, dating to the mid Victorian period, circa 1860.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Of generous proportion when fully drawn
- Displaying a desirable aged patina, some light marks commensurate with use
- Fruitwood primary barrel shows rich russet hues and a lightly aged appearance
- Polished draw barrels show light golden tones
- Presenting a clear optical performance, with a 40mm (1.5") primary objective lens
- Sun protection provided by a deep, sliding sun shade
- Flared eye cup benefits from a sliding type dust cover
- Draws with a pleasingly firm action
- Three draw tubes, showing signs of light polish and use
- Inscribed 'Dolland London' – an anonymous manufacturer of the time, looking to trade off the infamous Dollond name
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
This is an appealing antique 3 draw telescope, showing quality Victorian craftsmanship in the manner of Dollond, whilst drawing to an impressive length. Delivered polished and ready for use or display.
Closed Length: 29cm (11.5'')
Fully Drawn Length: 93cm (36.5'')
Objective Diameter: 40mm (1.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World