Antique 3 Draw Refractor, English, Terrestrial, Telescope, Berge, Georgian, 1805
Our Stock # 18.6549
This is an antique 3-draw refractor. An English, terrestrial and astronomical telescope by Matthew Berge, dating to the Georgian period, circa 1805.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky
- An attractive telescope with high Georgian appeal
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Bright russet hues to the primary barrel
- 3 draws operating with smooth action
- Clear, bright objective lens with a diameter of 38mm (1.5")
- Brass dust cap present for the objective
- Swivel dust cap to the flared eyepiece
- Engraved with Berge, London 'Late Ramsden'
This is a fine antique refractor, with the benefit of Berge's expertise learnt from being foreman to the renowned Jesse Ramsden, and a continuation of his master's work. As good to use today as it was 200 years ago. Delivered polished and ready for use or display and supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand'.
Closed Length: 19cm (7.5'')
Fully Drawn Length: 53cm (20.75'')
Objective Lens Diameter: 38mm (1.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World