Antique 2nd Edition Book, Nineveh & Its Remains Vol.1, English, Victorian, 1849
Our Stock # 18.9537
This is an antique second edition copy of Nineveh and its Remains - Volume 1 by Austen Henry Layard. An English, bound copy of the historic findings in Assyria, published in London in 1849.
A fascinating individual, Sir Austen Henry Layard (1817 - 1894) was at times a politician, art historian, a diplomat and a collector. Prominent as a traveller with expertise in ancient Assyria, his works on the ancient city of Nineveh, in modern day Mosul, Iraq is the subject of this Victorian publication. Once the largest city in the world, his excavations of Nineveh and its findings are documented across two volumes.
- Presented in good antique condition, with pages intact and minimal marks or discolouration
- Comprehensive in scope across 400 pages, including illustrations and maps
- This second edition published in 1849 in London by John Murray of Albemarle Street
- Illustrated throughout with etchings of schematics, iconography and landscapes
- Map of the region folds out from the rear of the book, measuring 64cm x 40cm (25.25'' x 15.75'')
This is a delightful antique second edition copy of Nineveh and its Remains by the former politician and Assyriologist Austen Henry Layard. Presented here in good, lightly aged order, this title will fascinate the reader. Delivered ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 15.5cm (6'')
Max Depth: 3.5cm (1.5'')
Max Height: 23cm (9'')
Unfolded Rear Map Width: 64cm (25.25'')
Unfolded Rear Map Height: 40cm (15.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World