Aesthetic Period Reading Table, English, Victorian, Ebonised, Side, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 18.5534
This is an aesthetic period reading table, an English, Victorian ebonised side table with rotating bookshelf and candle stand dating to the late 19th century, circa 1880.
- Presenting well and in superb condition
- Polished, ebonised finish highlighted in gold
- Epitomising the movement, elegant and interesting
- The top, candle stand and bookshelves rotate independently
- The top finished with a black skiver featuring gold tooled perimeter
- Attractive ring turned candle stand
- Lower, triple bookshelf gallery rotates on ring turned coulmn
- Fretwork panels mounted between turned spindles
- Over tripod of reeded, down-swept legs with inverted finial
A very fine example of an aesthetic period reading table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 50cm (19.75'')
Max Depth: 50cm (19.75'')
Max Height: 71cm (28'')
Bookshelf Width: 18cm (7'')
Bookshelf Depth: 25cm (9.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.