Adjustable Antique Reading Table, John Carter, Victorian, Mahogany Lectern c1890
Our Stock # 18.5383
This is an adjustable antique reading table by John Carter, London. A Victorian, mahogany 'Literary Machine' lectern dating to the late 19th century, circa 1890.
- In fine order, the mahogany displays good, consistent colour
- The quality stocks with grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Fully adjustable and raised on bobbin turned legs
- The top benefits from a lip edge moulding helping keep things in place
- The book stand adjusting to various heights on the rack beneath
- A fold-out rest to stand the book on features a pair of brass page stays
A superb example of an adjustable antique reading table by John Carter. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 84cm (33'')
Max Depth: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Height: 15.5cm (6'')
Book Width: 40cm (15.75'')
Book Depth: 30cm (11.75'')
Find out more about John Carter, London here...
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World