Cart 0

Edwards & Roberts, Wardour Street, London

Edwards & Roberts, Wardour Street, London

Edwards & Roberts, Wardour Street, London

Founded in 1845, Edwards and Roberts became synonymous with high quality furniture, both as cabinet makers, producing items to a very high standard using the finest timbers, and as 'Importers of Ancient Furniture'.

Their cabinet makers produced contemporary items as well as reproductions of earlier English and French pieces, favouring Georgian designs and satinwood marquetry. They were also known for adapting and restoring fine quality items worthy of their stamp.

By the late 19th century Edwards & Roberts was one of the leading firms of English cabinetmakers.

With the advent of the First World War in 1914, the business expanded to support the war effort, opening a second lens making facility in London supported by a telescope factory in Watford.

After the war the business went from strength to strength for a few decades before a steady decline through the '50s and '60s when, by the end of the decade, the business had receded back into Telescope House, closing all other factories.

A gentleman named Dudley Fuller acquired the firm in 1973 renaming it Broadhurst Clarkson and Fuller who have gone on to represent Meade Instruments and supply an extensive dealership network in the U.K.

© London Fine Ltd, 2018
No part of this web site text may be modified or changed or exploited in any way used for derivative works, or offered for sale, or used to construct any kind of database or mirrored at any other location without the express written permission of the author.