Antique Officer Of The Watch Telescope, German, Single Draw, Voigtlander, C.1910
Our Stock # 18.7932
This is an antique officer of the watch telescope. A German, nickel and leather single draw refractor by Voigtlander and Sohn, dating to the Edwardian period, circa 1910.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Fascinating example from a renowned optical specialist
- 'Officer of the Watch' telescopes were commonly used on board ships from the 19th century onwards
- Displaying a desirable aged patina with some light wear commensurate with age
- Silvered nickel offering bright, reflective tones - some light tarnish
- Clear, bright objective with 30mm diameter
- Front element with some protection from recessed lens
- Primary barrel dressed in a patinated leather cover
- Flared eye-cup with swivel dust cover and superb, concentric ring finish
- The draw tube engraved with the Voigtlander and Sohn A.G name
- Further reads the town name of Braunschweig
- Small notice of magnification at 14x
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
This is a quality antique telescope by Voigtlander & Sohn, presented in fascinating aged order. Delivered ready to be displayed or enjoyed.
Closed Length: 43.5cm (17.25'')
Fully Drawn Length: 64cm (25.25'')
Objective lens: 30mm (1.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World