1930's Vintage Oak Desk by Maggs & Co, English Pedestal Library
Our Stock # LFA-1724
This is a 1930's vintage oak desk by Maggs & Co of Bristol. An English pedestal library table.åÊ
- Period and original in very good order throughout
- The oak with mellow honey tones in a waxed finish
- Blind tooled, Rexine inset writing surface
- Banks of three graduated drawers flank a central frieze drawer
- Mouldings to drawer fronts with keyholes and locks, key absent
- Dressed with pendant drop handles over petal back plates
- Twin field panel ends
- Finished back ‰ÛÒ ideal for centre room placement
- Raised on tapered, square section legs
- Bracketed kneehole finish
A classic piece from the early 20th century. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 152.5cm (60'')
Max Depth: 76cm (30'')
Max Height: 77cm (30.25'')
About B. Maggs & Co.
Established in the mid 19th century (1850) in Bristol, England as a manufacturer of beds. The company displayed it's iron and brass bedsteads in a showroom at 15 St. Augustine‰۪s Parade.
It grew to become a more general manufacturer and retailer of furniture, trading from a department store at 70-72 Queen's Road until it's closure in the 1970's.
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World