1930's Vintage Oak Desk by Maggs & Co, English Pedestal Library
Our Stock # LFA-1724
This is a 1930's vintage oak desk by Maggs & Co of Bristol. An English pedestal library table.åÊ
- Period and original in very good order throughout
- The oak with mellow honey tones in a waxed finish
- Blind tooled, Rexine inset writing surface
- Banks of three graduated drawers flank a central frieze drawer
- Mouldings to drawer fronts with keyholes and locks, key absent
- Dressed with pendant drop handles over petal back plates
- Twin field panel ends
- Finished back ‰ÛÒ ideal for centre room placement
- Raised on tapered, square section legs
- Bracketed kneehole finish
A classic piece from the early 20th century. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 152.5cm (60'')
Max Depth: 76cm (30'')
Max Height: 77cm (30.25'')
About B. Maggs & Co.
Established in the mid 19th century (1850) in Bristol, England as a manufacturer of beds. The company displayed it's iron and brass bedsteads in a showroom at 15 St. Augustine‰۪s Parade.
It grew to become a more general manufacturer and retailer of furniture, trading from a department store at 70-72 Queen's Road until it's closure in the 1970's.
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.