Vintage Balance, English, Mahogany, Scientific Scales, Stanton Instruments, 1960
Our Stock # 18.7162
This is a vintage analytical balance. An English, mahogany cased set of scientific scales by Stanton Instruments of London, dating to the mid 20th century, circa 1960.
- Beguiling vintage scientific instrument - the model Inst 30/B
- Displaying a desirable aged patina - in wonderful display order
- Stout, quality mahogany case offers rich caramel hues
- Clear, bright glass with viewing windows to each side - great views of the mechanisms
- Pair of sliding doors, the front operating upon sash weights
- Two supplementary side doors with small brass pulls
- Rotary controller to the upper right - power supply absent
- Bright alloy scales suspended from a dashing brass bracket
- Balance mechanism exudes precision and offers copious fascination
- The bracket features the maker's mark for 'Stanton, London'
- Engraved with the serial number 4843
- Presented on an ebonised glass ceramic base and standing upon a trio of adjustable feet
This is a striking vintage analytical balance by Stanton instruments. Offered as a captivating decorative instrument, this set of scales is sure to appeal to those of a scientific mind or collector of precision instruments. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 46.5cm (18.25'')
Max Depth: 26.5cm (10.5'')
Max Height: 46.5cm (18.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World