Antique Sewing Table, English, Mahogany, Silk Cotton, Work, Regency, Circa 1820
Our Stock # 18.7367
This is an antique sewing table. An English, mahogany and silk cotton ladies work table, dating to the Regency period, circa 1820.
- Elegantly dressed sewing table from the Regency period
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select mahogany shows fine grain interest and deep russet hues
- Quality silk cotton in light mint green a dashing accompaniment
- Beautifully figured lid opens to reveal the light blue haberdasher's tray
- Deep compartment below with generous space for wool, twine or other embroidery items
- Silk cotton fascia finished with bands of matching brocade trim
- Dressed with an inset, brass-lined working lock — key present
- Raised upon tall, slender legs and united by a gently chamfered cross-stretcher
- The whole rides smoothly upon a set of four brass castors
This is an attractive antique sewing table, graced with appealing colour and quality finishes. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home or hobbyist.
Max Width: 52cm (20.5'')
Max Depth: 37cm (14.5'')
Max Height: 72.5cm (28.5'')
Interior Width: 46cm (18'')
Interior Depth: 31cm (12.25'')
Interior Height: 23cm (9'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World