Antique Adjustable Pole Screen, English, Fireside Shield, Regency, Circa 1820
Our Stock # 18.8307
This is an antique adjustable pole screen. An English, rosewood and needlepoint fireside shield, dating to the Regency period, circa 1820.
- Delightful Regency period craftsmanship for the fireside
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in very good order
- Select stocks show fine grain interest and deep russet hues
- Charming needlepoint presented behind a clear, bright glass plate
- Slender pole topped with a small carved finial
- Accentuated square frame with dashing shell carvings to corners
- Panel embroidered with a bird of paradise realised in brushed fabric
- Dressed to rear gold with brocade trim
- Adjustable screen offering a range of 77cm (30.25'')
- Raised upon a bold, gadrooned baluster column
- Striking tri-point base shows superb figuring
- Standing upon a trio of distinctive scrolled bracket toes
This is a wonderful antique adjustable pole screen with quality stocks and charming needlepoint panel. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the fireside.
Max Width: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Depth: 35cm (13.75'')
Max Height: 133cm (52.25'')
Panel Width: 32cm (12.5'')
Panel Depth: 27.5cm (10.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World