Antique Bronze Figure, French, Female, Art Nouveau, After Moreau, Circa 1920
Our Stock # 18.7007
This is an antique bronze figure. A French, female statue of Art Nouveau taste in the manner of Hippolyte François Moreau, dating to the early 20th century, circa 1920.
- Sculpture of relaxed elegance
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Bronze weathered with hints of appealing golden tones
- The pose an interpretation of the classical Aphrodite
- Classical, forlorn look is both wistful and intriguing
- The long, flowing gown redolent of Roman dress
- Holding a book with an engraved flower, the left hand carrying a small bouquet
- Resting against a decorative column with foliate motif
- Raised upon a plinth base with tapered edge
- Signed to the left of the pillar 'H. Moreau'
- In the manner of Hippolyte Moreau, and brother Mathurin, fellow 19th century sculptor
- Weight of 5.35kg (11.8lb)
This is an appealing antique bronze figure, with classical pose and after the hands of Hippolyte and Matharin Moureau. Pleasingly weathered and of Art Nouveau appeal. Delivered polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 20cm (7.75'')
Max Depth: 14.5cm (5.75'')
Max Height: 33.5cm (13.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World