Antique X-Frame Chair, Middle Eastern, Mahogany, Seat, Bone Inlay, Circa 1850
Our Stock # 18.6479
This is an antique x-frame chair. A Middle Eastern, ebonised mahogany seat with elaborate bone inlay, dating to the mid 19th century, circa 1850.
- Extraordinary decoration and form
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Stunning in its ebonised mahogany finish with rich, dark hues
- Resplendent with ornate bone inlays to each surface
- Strong Middle Eastern taste
- Shaped bat-wing top rail with diamond pattern perimeter and foliate motif
- Carved elbows with scrolled arms and further pattern inlays
- Relaxed seat height of 37.5cm (14.75")
- Seat carved with tapered edge, decorated with three large patera and borders
- X-form legs benefit from small patera and star decoration
- Each leg united by shaped stretchers, again with their own inlaid patterns
This is a wonderful opportunity to acquire this desirable antique x-frame chair. Steeped in Middle Eastern, Victorian period appeal, this chair is sure to enhance any room and provide a strong point of interest. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 58.5cm (23'')
Max Depth: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Max Height: 72cm (28.25'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 27.5cm (10.75'')
Seat Height: 37.5cm (14.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World