Vintage Ship's Cabinet, Rare, Asian, Coromandel, Decorative Maritime Cupboard
Our Stock # 18.6877
This is a vintage ship's cabinet. A rare, Asian Coromandel decorative maritime cupboard, dating to the early 20th century, circa 1930.
- Wonderfully rare, hand-crafted cabinet with good provenance
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Solid Coromandel radiates exotic grain interest
- Deep, dark hues and wisps of bright amber tones shine beneath the wax polish finish
- Tall proportions set the cabinet apart
- Field panel front door carved with patera to centre and panel corners
- Distinctive Greek key decoration to upper fascia
- Dressed with an inset working lock — key present
- Interior arranged as three shelves
- Raised upon four square section legs, with pierced, carved brackets adding a flourish to each side
- Depository label to rear marked for noted Rear Admiral, Ernest Henry Shattock
- Distinguished career within the Royal Navy and later author of 'An Experiment in Mindfulness'
This is a rare and attractive vintage ship's cabinet. Crafted from Coromandel, also know as Calamander, this sought after wood is native to India and Sri Lanka. Used to eye-catching effect here, this tall cabinet will grace any room and the shelved interior offers a good deal of versatility. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Depth: 37cm (14.5'')
Max Height: 107cm (42.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World