Petite Vintage Tapestry, French, Hanging Needlepoint, The Lady And The Unicorn
Our Stock # 18.7451
This is a petite vintage tapestry. A French, needlepoint scene depicting The Lady and the Unicorn, dating to the late 20th century, circa 1980.
Of compact proportion, this tapestry is a quality recreation of the 15th century renaissance series of tapestries known as Dame a la L'icorne (The Lady and the Unicorn). A series of six, this fascinating tapestry represents the final element of the whole - A Mon Seul Desir (To My Sole Desire).
- Ideally suited to decorative wall mounting or smaller spaces at 60cm x 47cm (23.5" x 18.5")
- Displaying a desirably aged patina and in good order
- Quality needlepoint tapestry, with copious decorative fascinations
- Beautiful colour palette in shades of reds and greens a sight to behold
- The lady and her courtier stand between a lion and the titular unicorn
- The only piece in the series to feature a tent, bearing the motto 'A Mon Seul Desir'
- Large fruiting trees, framed by heraldic flags standing in a bountiful garden
- Other small animals are present, including dogs, a monkey and a small rabbit
- Label to rear for Tapisseries du Lion and presents key details of the piece in French and English
- Subject - The Lady and the Unicorn (To My Sole Desire); Period - end of the 15th Century
- Dressed to the rear with folded sleeve for mounting a hanging rod
This is a highly decorative, petite vintage tapestry with beautiful renaissance taste and appeal for collectors of Francophile or historical interest. The compact proportion affords itself to wall hanging in smaller spaces, or as a distinctive table centrepiece. Delivered ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 60cm (23.5'')
Max Depth: 0.5cm (.25'')
Max Height: 47cm (18.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World