Large Vintage 3 Seat Sofa, Brazilian, Leather, Settee, Jean Gillon, Probel, 1970
Our Stock # 18.8650
This is a large vintage 3 seat sofa. A Brazilian, leather and Imbuia lounge settee designed by Jean Gillon for Probel, dating to the mid 20th century, circa 1970.
- Exceptional mid-20th century lounge sofa, graced with designer appeal and superb quality
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in very good order throughout
- Soft, fine grain leather exudes quality, with minimal ageing and a tasteful, deep chestnut colour
- Striking Imbuia wood frame shows fine grain interest and deep caramel hues
- Highly distinctive frame with large pegged joints across a generous, wide profile
- At 6' wide from padded arm to arm, each of the three cushions offers a spacious, relaxing seat
- Deeply buttoned with double stitched cushions, the low-back, long-thigh form offers desirable comfort
- Fascinating natural hides suspended from front to rear provide support for the leather cushions
- The saddle cushioned arms are generously wide and intersect the frame with a demi-lune flourish
- Unusual oval legs stand upon stout reverse domed toes, united across the frame with stout rails
- Maker's label for Probel of Sao Paulo, Brazil can be found to one side at the rear
- Designed by Jean Gillon (1919-2007) a renowned Brazilian furniture designer
This is a striking and highly distinctive vintage 3-seat sofa, with superb comfort and quality, inviting leather over exotic Imbuia wood stocks. Perfectly suited to cocktail lounges, hotel lobbies or the stylish home. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 214cm (84.25'')
Max Depth: 83cm (32.75'')
Max Height: 76cm (30'')
Seat Width: 183cm (72'')
Seat Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Seat Height: 40cm (15.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World