Grand Antique Cheval Mirror, English, Dressing, Country House, Victorian, C.1880
Our Stock # 18.7843
This is a grand antique cheval mirror. An English, mahogany dressing mirror of country house proportion, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Of superior proportion and craftsmanship throughout
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select stocks beam with caramel hues and fine grain interest
- Original mirror plate presents a desirable light foxing
- Set within a prominent frame, rotating upon its axis
- Twin finials adorn the upper corners, united by a turned rail
- Broad frame encloses the mirror with a clear, bright reflection
- Standing upon a pair of broad trestle legs above four bun feet with inset brass castors
- Unmarked as such, but of a quality on par with a Gillow & Co, Lancaster piece
- This superb mirror befitting of a fine dressing room or grand institution
This is a superb, captivating antique cheval mirror of grand proportion and exquisite finish. Set to grace any room or institution, this is a wonderful example of Victorian craftsmanship. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 97.5cm (38.5'')
Max Depth: 52.5cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 188.5cm (74.25'')
Mirror Plate Width: 62.5cm (24.5'')
Mirror Plate Height: 108.5cm (42.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World