Carved Antique Coffer, English Oak Joined Chest, Trunk, c.1700
Our Stock # LFA-1568
This is a carved antique coffer, an English oak joined chest dating to c.1700.
- Glorious colour and desirable aged patina
- Vigorously carved decoration to the front panels
- Guilloch̩ foliate frieze to carved central initials 'F S'
- Over three panels featuring quatrefoil embellished lozenges
- Fluted muntins and stiles that extend as feet
- Field panel ends and twin panelled back
- Oversized, four panel top lifts on strap hinges
- Voluminous storage within and a candle box to one end
- Lock and key both absent
- Solid joints and construction
A charming chest to be welcomed into any location. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 124cm (48.75'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 58cm (22.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.