Carved Antique Coffer, English Oak Joined Chest, Trunk, c.1700
Our Stock # 12.1568
This is a carved antique coffer, an English oak joined chest dating to c.1700.
- Glorious colour and desirable aged patina
- Vigorously carved decoration to the front panels
- Guilloch̩ foliate frieze to carved central initials 'F S'
- Over three panels featuring quatrefoil embellished lozenges
- Fluted muntins and stiles that extend as feet
- Field panel ends and twin panelled back
- Oversized, four panel top lifts on strap hinges
- Voluminous storage within and a candle box to one end
- Lock and key both absent
- Solid joints and construction
A charming chest to be welcomed into any location. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 124cm (48.75'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 58cm (22.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World