Antique 3 Draw Telescope, English, Terrestrial, Astronomical, Victorian, C.1880
Our Stock # 18.7484
This is an antique 3-draw telescope. An English, mahogany and brass terrestrial and astronomical refractor, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky
- An attractive telescope with an eye-catching barrel
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Bright russet hues to the primary barrel with a lustrous wax polish finish
- Polished brass presents bright golden tones
- Three draw tubes operating with smooth action
- Clear, bright objective lens with a diameter of 40mm (1.5")
- Benefits from a sliding dust cap to the flared eyepiece
- Supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display
This is a quality antique 3-draw telescope - unmarked, but of a quality as found from the renowned craftsmen of the time period. Display appeal for the desk or mantelpiece, or ready to use. Delivered polished and ready to enjoy.
Closed Length: 24.5cm (9.75'')
Fully Drawn Length: 74.5cm (29.25'')
Primary Objective Diameter: 40mm (1.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World