Antique Tekke Bokhara Rug, Middle Eastern, Nomadic, Turkoman, Carpet, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.7144
This is an antique Tekke Bokhara rug. A Middle Eastern, nomadic Turkoman carpet or wall covering, dating to the late 19th century, circa 1900.
- Add warmth to your room with this deep red rug
- Displaying a desirable aged patina - presenting minimal wear
- Woven in a ground of red dyed wool, typical of the nomadic craftsman trading through Bokhara
- Further colour provided by cream and orange hues to the smaller patterns and motif
- Two rows of 6 Turkoman Gul form the distinctive regional centrepiece
- Centralised borders feature alternating rosettes
- Each end finished with tarantula borders to signify protection - often laid within tribal tents
- Kilim ends with tight, short tassels and decorated with colourful motif
This is an attractive antique Tekke Bokhara rug with the inviting deep red typical of Turkoman craftsmanship. Ideally sized for central room placement or the larger reception hall, the rug could also display as a decorative wall covering. Delivered ready to be laid or mounted.
Max Width: 92.5cm (36.5'')
Max Depth: 1cm (.5'')
Max Height: 123.5cm (48.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World