Antique Dining Chair Suite, English, Walnut, Set of, 5 Chairs, Gillow, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6172
This is an antique dining chair suite. An English, walnut set of 5 chairs by Gillows of Lancaster and dating to the Victorian period, circa 1850.
- Appealing dish-back form with rose blush hues
- The suite displays a desirable aged patina
- Select walnut displays rich caramel hues and fine grain interest
- High-quality textile - benefiting from a recent professional upholstering
- Gently curving top rail with shaped, carved back rest
- Arcing stretcher with scroll detail for added support
- Soft, traditionally stuffed seats finished in soft-touch fabric
- Trimmed with fine pink brocade, adding further elegance
- Seat frame stamped with the 'Gillow' maker's mark
- Rear leg features a discrete craftsman's mark reading H. Doyle - most likely a respected Gillows craftsman
- Standing upon a pair of turned front legs, with gently tapered rear legs
- Front legs riding upon a pair of brass castors
This is a delightful suite of antique dining chairs from a highly renowned furniture maker. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 48cm (19'')
Max Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 87.5cm (34.5'')
Cushion Width: 48cm (19'')
Cushion Depth: 42cm (16.5'')
Cushion Height: 48.5cm (19'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World