Antique Carved Hall Chairs, Scottish, Oak, Decorative, Side Seat, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.7892
This is a pair of antique carved hall chairs. A Scottish, oak decorative side seat, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1870.
- Profusely carved with leaf and foliate detail throughout
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select oak offers fine grain interest and pleasingly heavy stocks
- Deep chestnut hues beam beneath a wax polish finish
- Shaped and carved top rail with inset butler's grasp for ease of movement
- Pair of acorn shaped finials sit atop the side rails over turned baluster supports
- Central back splat with a cascade of carved leaf and feather motif
- Fluted square section spars add further back support over a shaped lower rail
- Wide, tapered seat section adorned with large circular flowerhead medallion
- Seat apron with square shoulders to each corner
- Turned legs to the front united by a stretcher rail
- Raised upon elongated bun feet to each corner and united by H-stretcher
This is an attractive pair of antique carved hall chairs, with quality Scottish oak and craftsmanship promising lasting quality and strength. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 44cm (17.25'')
Max Depth: 43.5cm (17.25'')
Max Height: 102.5cm (40.25'')
Seat Width: 40.5cm (16'')
Seat Depth: 37.5cm (14.75'')
Seat Height: 47cm (18.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World