Antique Adjustable Fire Screen, Walnut, Needlepoint, Decorative, Pole, Regency
Our Stock # 18.7030
This is an antique adjustable fire screen. An English, walnut and needlepoint decorative pole screen, dating to the Regency period, circa 1820.
- A screen with beautiful carved craftsmanship
- Displaying a desirable aged patina
- Rich walnut stocks with fine grain interest and deep caramel hues
- Needlepoint tapestry panel presented behind glass
- The upright pole topped by a discrete acorn finial
- Carved leaf surmount to frame with scrolled details
- Striking bouquet tapestry with wonderful colour
- Elegant barley twist supports to each side
- Panel adjusts for height upon rear pole, loosened by a small brass twist knob
- Lower support delights with twist reed balusters and ring-spun finish
- Tri-form base with central drop pendant finial
- The cabriole legs with carved knees and scrolled toes
This is a superb antique fire screen. A highlight of Regency period fireside furniture, this decorative pole screen will grace any fireplace. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready to be enjoyed.
Max Width: 62cm (24.5'')
Max Depth: 46cm (18'')
Max Height: 135.5cm (53.25'')
Panel Width: 51cm (20'')
Panel Depth: 63cm (24.75'')
Panel Adjustment: 80cm (31.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World