Vintage Binnacle Compass, English, Brass, Maritime, Navigation, Instrument
Our Stock # 18.6336
This is a vintage binnacle compass. An English, brass maritime navigation instrument, dating to the early 20th century, circa 1930.
- Fascinating maritime instrument
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Weathered brass commensurate with age - one indent to lid at rear
- Replete with four screw fixings and a hanging loop
- Oil lamp absent
- Bright, glass porthole for observing the compass
- 2-axis gimbal keeps even level in rough seas
- Fluid-filled compass marked with Brooks & Hawkes, Birmingham
- Displays cardinal and intercardinal points, north represented by a fleur-de-lys motif
This vintage binnacle compass is blessed with maritime appeal and time-served patina. Delivered polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 21.5cm (8.5'')
Max Depth: 21.5cm (8.5'')
Max Height: 26cm (10.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World