Antique Stick Barometer, English, Mahogany, Torre and Co, London, Circa 1850
Our Stock # 18.5639
This is an antique stick barometer. An English, mahogany barometer by the renowned Torre and Co. of London and dating to the mid 19th century, circa 1850.
- Select mahogany displays rich, dark hues throughout
- A desirable aged patina, with some marks to the original silvered scale
- Case delineated with elegant, boxwood chevron banding
- Decorated with a turned brass finial between a broken arched pediment
- Barometer face encased within a glass door, dressed with brass clasp
- Main barometer runs centrally, with manually adjustable change indicator
- Secondary temperature scale shows Fahrenheit
- Flat trunk runs to a hemispherical cistern cover
This is a fascinating antique stick barometer by the renowned Torre and Co. of London. Delivered polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 13.5cm (5.25'')
Max Depth: 5.5cm (2.25'')
Max Height: 102cm (40.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World